1. You’re sad because your child is starting school (that sweet little vulnerable person who has also exasperated you plenty) and you need some emotional back-up.
2. You’re gleeful (but it wouldn’t seem right to say it out loud) that the summer is almost over and life is about to become quieter and more routine. (Can’t the sound of a school bus be really great?!) Time for a little celebrating.
3. You haven’t seen your neighbors very much this summer with everyone’s comings and goings.
4. You haven’t seen your sisters or brothers much lately either.
5. There’s a great Labor-Day concert in the park. Invite your good friends to join you for a potluck picnic before the music.