Let’s be honest. These Ranch Potatoes aren’t the side dish we turn to when we’re watching our waistlines. They are, however, the potatoes we make when we’re ready for a rich and creamy alternative to mashed potatoes. Throw these spuds in the slow cooker when you’ve got a roast or some ribs baking in the oven. We think you’ll really like them.
Fix-It and Forget-It 5-Ingredient Favorites, page 184
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time: 3 ½ - 8 hours
Ideal slow cooker size: 4-qt.
2 ½ lb. small red potatoes, quartered
1 cup sour cream
1 envelope dry buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix
10 ¾ -oz. can cream of mushroom soup
1. Spray the interior of the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Place the potatoes in the slow cooker.
3. Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Spoon over potatoes and stir gently.
4. Cover and cook on Low 7-8 hours, or on High 3 ½ - 4 hours, or until potatoes are tender but not dry or mushy.
5. Stir carefully before serving.