Sweet Islands Chicken
Makes 6 servings
Prep. Time: 15–20 minutes
Cooking Time: 3–4 hours
Ideal slow-cooker size: 4-quart
1 cup pineapple juice
½ cup brown sugar
1⁄3 cup soy sauce
2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut in 1-inch chunks
1 Tbsp., plus 1 tsp., cornstarch
1. Grease interior of slow-cooker crock.
2. Mix pineapple juice, brown sugar, and soy sauce together in crock until well combined.
3. Stir in chicken chunks.
4. Cover. Cook on Low 3–4 hours, or until meat is cooked in center, but not dry.
5. When done cooking, spoon 1 Tbsp. and 1 tsp. sauce out of cooker and allow to cool in a small bowl.
6. Stir cornstarch into cooled sauce until smooth.
7. Stir cornstarch-sauce mix back into hot sauce remaining in crock. Continue stirring until sauce thickens.