While most of us are probably not on a tropical island (thanks to COVID-19), we can still pretend once in a while as we indulge in delicious food! Today, I’m bringing you a recipe called Sweet Islands Chicken. With only 5 simple ingredients, this recipe will come together in no time at all! Pair this Sweet Islands Chicken with some rice, quinoa or noodles and you’ll have a complete dinner.
This recipe for Sweet Islands Chicken comes from Fix-It and Forget-It Sweet & Savory Slow Cooker Recipes Cookbook. This book contains 48 sweet and savory snacks, dinners and desserts! You can find it just about anywhere books are sold in-store or online. You can purchase a copy on Amazon now by clicking here.
Sweet Islands Chicken
Makes 6 servings
Prep. Time: 15–20 minutes
Cooking Time: 3–4 hours
Ideal slow-cooker size: 4-quart
1 cup pineapple juice
½ cup brown sugar
1⁄3 cup soy sauce
2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut in 1-inch chunks
1 Tbsp., plus 1 tsp., cornstarch
1. Grease interior of slow-cooker crock.
2. Mix pineapple juice, brown sugar, and soy sauce together in crock until well combined.
3. Stir in chicken chunks.
4. Cover. Cook on Low 3–4 hours, or until meat is cooked in center, but not dry.
5. When done cooking, spoon 1 Tbsp. and 1 tsp. sauce out of cooker and allow to cool in a small bowl.
6. Stir cornstarch into cooled sauce until smooth.
7. Stir cornstarch-sauce mix back into hot sauce remaining in crock. Continue stirring until sauce thickens.