Lemon Pepper Chicken and Veggies
Makes 4 servings
Prep. Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 4–10 hours
Ideal slow-cooker size: 4-qt.
4 carrots, sliced ½-inch thick
4 potatoes, cut in 1-inch chunks
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced, optional
4 whole chicken legs and thighs, skin removed
2 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
¼–½ tsp. poultry seasoning, optional
14½-oz. can chicken broth
1. Layer vegetables and chicken in slow cooker.
2. Sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning, and poultry seasoning if you wish. Pour broth over all.
3. Cover and cook on Low 8–10 hours or on High 4–5 hours.
1. Use a 10¾-oz. can cream of chicken or mushroom soup instead of chicken broth.
—Sarah Herr, Goshen, IN
2. Add 2 cups frozen green beans to the bottom layer (Step 1) in the cooker.
—Earnest Zimmerman, Mechanicsburg, PA