I hope this blog post finds you making every moment of your summer! Today, I’m bringing you another travel-friendly recipe; Lemon Pepper Chicken and Veggies. What I really love about this recipe is almost the entire recipe can be prepped and bagged ahead of time. you can even bag up the little bit of spices you need and label it, so you don’t even need to bring the bottles of spices with you to take up space. Place it all in the crock, pour the can of chicken broth over the top and done! Easy breezy!
This recipe can be found in Fix-It and Forget-It Family Vacation Cookbook, which can be found just about anywhere books are sold in-store or online. You can purchase a copy on Amazon now by clicking here. You’ll have access to 150 Slow Cooker and Instant Pot Meals for Your RV, Boat, Cabin, Beach House or Staycation!
Lemon Pepper Chicken and Veggies
Makes 4 servings
Prep. Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 4–10 hours
Ideal slow-cooker size: 4-qt.
4 carrots, sliced ½-inch thick
4 potatoes, cut in 1-inch chunks
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced, optional
4 whole chicken legs and thighs, skin removed
2 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
¼–½ tsp. poultry seasoning, optional
14½-oz. can chicken broth
1. Layer vegetables and chicken in slow cooker.
2. Sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning, and poultry seasoning if you wish. Pour broth over all.
3. Cover and cook on Low 8–10 hours or on High 4–5 hours.
1. Use a 10¾-oz. can cream of chicken or mushroom soup instead of chicken broth.
—Sarah Herr, Goshen, IN
2. Add 2 cups frozen green beans to the bottom layer (Step 1) in the cooker.
—Earnest Zimmerman, Mechanicsburg, PA