I’m going to continue to bring you a series of recipes in which you can use when you’re traveling and vacationing this summer! Even if you’re stay-cationing, these recipes will bring your family both time to enjoy one another and a happy belly!
This week’s recipe is a delicious dessert! With only 5 ingredients, you can’t go wrong with this Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Dump Cake. Like most dump cakes, it only requires 2-3 hours of cooking time, which means you can put it in the crock just before you serve dinner and give you time to play a family game or go on a short adventure before you have dessert. Perfect for the summer months!
This recipe comes from the new Fix-It and Forget-It Family Vacation Cookbook, which includes 150 easy to prep recipes like:
- Southwest Hot Chip Dip
- Turkey Chili
- Beef Barley Soup
- Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Creamy Baked Chicken with Stuffing
- Cozy Cabin Casserole
- Honey Barbecue Pork Chops
- Dessert Fondue
- And more!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Dump Cake
Clinton Township, MI
Makes 8–10 servings
Prep. Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 2–4 hours
Ideal slow-cooker size: 3½- to 4-qt
15¼-oz. box chocolate cake mix
3.4-oz. box butterscotch instant pudding
1¾ cups milk
4 (1½-oz.) pkgs. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, chopped
¼ cup peanut butter
1. Spray crock with nonstick spray.
2. In a bowl, mix together the first three ingredients, then dump them into the crock.
3. Sprinkle chopped Reese’s over the top of the batter, then swirl the peanut butter in with a spoon.
4. Cover and cook on Low for 2–4 hours.