Makes 6 servings
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Setting: Manual and Sauté
1 Tbsp. oil
1½ lbs. boneless beef, trimmed and sliced thinly (round steak or chuck roast)
¼ tsp. black pepper
½ cup diced onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
¾ cup beef broth
½ cup soy sauce
¼ cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp. sesame oil
¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
1 lb. broccoli, chopped
3 Tbsp. water
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
1. Put oil into the inner pot of the Instant Pot and select Sauté. When oil begins to sizzle, brown the beef in several small batches, taking care to brown well. After browning, remove and put into another bowl. Season with black pepper.
2. Sauté onion in pot for 2 minutes. Add garlic and sauté another minute. Add beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes. Stir to mix well. Add beef and juices on it.
3. Add beef to mixture in inner pot. Secure lid and make sure vent is at sealing. Set on Manual at high pressure and set timer for 12 minutes.
4. After beep, turn cooker off and use quick pressure release. Remove lid.
5. In microwave bowl, steam the broccoli for 3 minutes or until desired doneness.
6. In a small bowl, stir together water and cornstarch. Add to pot and stir. Put on Sauté setting and stir some more. After mixture becomes thick, add broccoli and turn pot off.
Serving suggestion: Serve over rice.