Now that I’m home MUCH more than I normally am, (and have cooked approximately 398 dinners this past month! LOL) I’m using my Instant Pot more and more. Today, I’m bringing you a healthy and easy Beef Broccoli from our Fix-It and Forget-It Instant Pot Cookbook. It only takes 15 minutes to prep. By the time you’re done watering your garden, vacuuming the house or taking a walk around the block, you’ll have dinner ready to go!
Fix-It and Forget-It Instant Pot Cookbook can be found just about anywhere books are sold in-store or online. You can purchase a copy on Amazon now by clicking here.
Makes 6 servings
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Setting: Manual and Sauté
1 Tbsp. oil
1½ lbs. boneless beef, trimmed and sliced thinly (round steak or chuck roast)
¼ tsp. black pepper
½ cup diced onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
¾ cup beef broth
½ cup soy sauce
¼ cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp. sesame oil
¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
1 lb. broccoli, chopped
3 Tbsp. water
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
1. Put oil into the inner pot of the Instant Pot and select Sauté. When oil begins to sizzle, brown the beef in several small batches, taking care to brown well. After browning, remove and put into another bowl. Season with black pepper.
2. Sauté onion in pot for 2 minutes. Add garlic and sauté another minute. Add beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes. Stir to mix well. Add beef and juices on it.
3. Add beef to mixture in inner pot. Secure lid and make sure vent is at sealing. Set on Manual at high pressure and set timer for 12 minutes.
4. After beep, turn cooker off and use quick pressure release. Remove lid.
5. In microwave bowl, steam the broccoli for 3 minutes or until desired doneness.
6. In a small bowl, stir together water and cornstarch. Add to pot and stir. Put on Sauté setting and stir some more. After mixture becomes thick, add broccoli and turn pot off.
Serving suggestion: Serve over rice.