Chicken Cheddar Broccoli Soup
Maria Shevlin, Sicklerville, NJ
Makes 4-6 servings
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Setting: Manual and Sauté
1 lb. raw chicken breast, thinly chopped/sliced
1 lb. fresh broccoli, chopped
½ cup onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup shredded carrots
½ cup finely chopped celery
¼ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
3 cups chicken bone broth
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
½ tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. parsley flakes
pinch red pepper flakes
2 cups heavy cream
8 oz. freshly shredded cheddar cheese
2 Tbsp. Frank’s RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
1. Place chicken, broccoli, chopped onion, garlic, carrots, celery, bell pepper, chicken broth, and seasonings in the pot and stir to mix.
2. Secure the lid and make sure vent is at sealing. Place on Manual at high pressure for 15 minutes.
3. Manually release the pressure when cook time us up, remove lid, and stir in heavy cream.
4. Place pot on sauté setting until it all comes to a low boil, approximately 5 minutes.
5. Stir in cheese and the hot sauce.
6. Turn off the pot as soon as you add the cheese and give it a stir.
7. Continue to stir til the cheese is melted.
Serve it up with slice or two of keto garlic bread or bread of your choice.