I hope this post finds all of you well! Our family has been home for 9 days now. We’ve been spending a lot of quality time together! We’ve had more family game time together these past 9 days then we’ve had in a full year. We’ve had more family meals together this week than we’ve had in months! As the weather warms up, we’re going for family walks together too. We even take our twin cats (Ben Solo and Kylo Ren) in a stroller and our dog, JuJu with us as well! We’re quite the site when we’re out and about in the neighborhood! We are trying to embrace the positives in this situation, as I’m sure all of you are.
Today, I’m bringing you a recipe from Fix-It and Forget-It Instant Pot Cookbook, Chicken Cheddar Broccoli Soup. This recipe comes from a very good friend of mine, Maria Shevlin. This soup will be loved by all around the dinner table, whether it’s the main course, or just the soup course. I sincerely hope you enjoy it!
Chicken Cheddar Broccoli Soup
Maria Shevlin, Sicklerville, NJ
Makes 4-6 servings
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Setting: Manual and Sauté
1 lb. raw chicken breast, thinly chopped/sliced
1 lb. fresh broccoli, chopped
½ cup onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup shredded carrots
½ cup finely chopped celery
¼ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
3 cups chicken bone broth
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
½ tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. parsley flakes
pinch red pepper flakes
2 cups heavy cream
8 oz. freshly shredded cheddar cheese
2 Tbsp. Frank’s RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
1. Place chicken, broccoli, chopped onion, garlic, carrots, celery, bell pepper, chicken broth, and seasonings in the pot and stir to mix.
2. Secure the lid and make sure vent is at sealing. Place on Manual at high pressure for 15 minutes.
3. Manually release the pressure when cook time us up, remove lid, and stir in heavy cream.
4. Place pot on sauté setting until it all comes to a low boil, approximately 5 minutes.
5. Stir in cheese and the hot sauce.
6. Turn off the pot as soon as you add the cheese and give it a stir.
7. Continue to stir til the cheese is melted.
Serve it up with slice or two of keto garlic bread or bread of your choice.