This week, I’m taking a break from posting meatless recipes to bring you a March “classic!” Corned Beef and Cabbage with Potatoes and Carrots is ALWAYS delicious, but I tried it in the Instant Pot for the first time and WOW!!!! I was impressed with how well everything cooked and the amazing flavors I got. I’m going to warn you….this is NOT Instant! LOL. From start to finish it took about 2 3/4 hours. So, give yourself more time than you normally would with your Instant Pot recipes. It was worth every minute it took though, I”ll tell you that! You’ll find these aren’t our usual professional photos, but from my kitchen counter to you!
Instant Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage with Potatoes and Carrots
Hope Comerford, Clinton Township, MI
Makes 6 servings
Prep. Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Release: Natural then Manual
3.5 lb. corned beef brisket (I used flat cut) with included seasoning packet
4 cups water
4-6 cloves of garlic
1 medium onion, quartered
1 small head of cabbage, cut into large chunks.
12 oz. baby carrots
1-1 1/2 lbs. honey gold potatoes, quartered
1. Place the trivet in the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Place the corned beef brisket on top of this with the spice packet sprinkled on top. Place the garlic and onions around the brisket.
2. Pour in the 4 cups of water.
3. Seal the lid. Make sure the vent is set at sealing.
4. Press Manual, high pressure for 100 minutes.
5. Once the 100 minutes is up, let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes, then do a manual or quick release.
6. Remove the lid carefully and using the handles of the trivet, remove the brisket and onions. Place the brisket and onions in a covered dish and then replace the trivet into the inner pot of the Instant Pot.
7. Place all of the remaining ingredients into the inner pot of the Instant Pot with the liquid that is already there.
8. Seal the lid. Make sure the vent is set at sealing.
9. Press Manual, high pressure for 5 minutes.
10. When cooking time is up, perform a manual or quick release.
11. Remove your veggies and cut and serve your brisket and veggies! Enjoy!