Makes 6–8 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 4 hours
Ideal slow-cooker size: 4- or 5-qt. oval
¼ cup Egg Beaters
24 oz. fat-free cottage cheese
¼ tsp. salt
black pepper to taste
14-oz. can tomato sauce
2–4 Tbsp. Italian seasoning, according to your taste preference
1. Peel eggplants and cut in ½-inch-thick slices. Soak in salt water for about 5 minutes to remove bitterness. Drain well.
2. Spray slow cooker with fat-free cooking spray.
3. Mix Egg Beaters, cottage cheese, salt, and pepper together in bowl.
4. Mix tomato sauce and Italian seasoning together in another bowl.
5. Spoon a thin layer of tomato sauce into bottom of slow cooker. Top with about one-third of eggplant slices, and then one-third of egg/cheese mixture, and finally one-third of remaining tomato sauce mixture.
6. Repeat those layers twice, ending with seasoned tomato sauce.
7. Cover. Cook on High 4 hours. Allow to rest 15 minutes before serving.