Huevos Rancheros in Crock
Makes 6 servings
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 hours
Ideal slow-cooker size: 6-qt.
3 cups salsa, room temperature
2 cups cooked beans, drained, room temperature
6 eggs, room temperature
salt and pepper to taste
1⁄3 cup reduced-fat grated Mexican blend cheese, optional
1. Mix salsa and beans in the slow cooker.
2. Cook on High for 1 hour or until steaming.
3. With a spoon, make 6 evenly spaced dents in the salsa mixture; try not to expose the bottom of the crock. Break an egg into each dent.
4. Salt and pepper eggs. Sprinkle with cheese if you wish.
5. Cover and continue to cook on High until egg whites are set and yolks are as firm as you like them, approximately 20–40 minutes.
6. To serve, scoop out an egg with some beans and salsa.