Looking for the perfect dessert to share with your Valentine?! Add some beautiful chocolate covered strawberries on top and voila! A beautiful (and easy!!! Don’t worry, we won’t tell!!!) dessert for you and your Valentine(s) to share! We’re celebrating as a family like we usually do! This is going to be the perfect dessert for us!
This Moist and Creamy Coconut Cake comes from the new Fix-It and Forget-It Slow Cooker Surprises. This book has more than 335 fuss-free, family-friendly recipes with 85 delicious desserts included! It is sold just about anywhere books are sold in-store or online. You can purchase a copy on Amazon now by clicking here.
Moist and Creamy Coconut Cake
MAKES: 10–12 servings
PREP. TIME: 20 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 21⁄2–31⁄2 HOURS
CHILLING TIME: OVERNIGHT
IDEAL SLOW-COOKER SIZE: 5-QUART
2 layer yellow cake mix
11⁄4 cups milk
1⁄2 cup sugar
2 cups flaked unsweetened coconut, divided
9 oz. container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Grease and flour interior of slow cooker crock.
2. Prepare cake mix as directed on package.
3. Spoon into prepared crock, smoothing batter out evenly.
4. Bake on High 21⁄2–31⁄2 hours, or until tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
5. Uncover, making sure that condensation on inside of lid doesn’t drip onto finished cake.
6. Remove crock from cooker and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, combine milk, sugar, and 1⁄2 cup coconut in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer 1 minute.
8. Spoon evenly over warm cake. Let cool completely.
9. Fold together 1⁄2 cup coconut, whipped topping, and vanilla. Spread over cooled cake.
10. Sprinkle remaining coconut evenly over top of cake.
11. Cover and chill overnight in fridge.
12. Slice, or spoon out of crock, to serve.
You’ve got three toppings going here— which is what makes this cake such a stand-out, especially for coconut lovers. Make sure you’ve got enough time to chill the finished cake for 8 hours before serving it.