Bell Pepper Casserole
Janie Steele, Moore, OK
Makes 6 servings
Prep. Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
1 lb. ground beef
1 Tbsp. olive oil
¾ cup long-grain rice
3–4 bell peppers, diced (your choice of colors)
½ cup diced onions
6-oz. can diced chilies
14-oz. can diced tomatoes
24-oz. jar Ragú or Prego brand marinara sauce
½ tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. seasoned salt
2–3 cloves garlic, minced
1. Using the Sauté function, sauté the beef in the olive oil inner pot of the Instant Pot.
2. Add in the peppers and onions, then turn the Instant Pot off by hitting the Cancel button.
3. Add the remaining ingredients. Do NOT stir.
4. Secure the lid and make sure vent is at sealing. Turn the Instant Pot on Manual for 10 minutes.
5. Let the pressure release naturally.
Serve with cheese: mozzarella, or Parmesan.