Instantly Good Beef Stew
Hope Comerford, Clinton Township, MI
Makes 6 servings
Prep. Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Setting: Sauté and Manual
Release: Natural then Manual
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 pounds stewing beef, cubed
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, chopped
3 ribs celery, sliced
3 large potatoes, cubed
2–3 carrots, sliced
8 ounces no-salt-added tomato sauce
10 ounces low-sodium beef broth
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 bay leaf
1. Set the Instant Pot to the Sauté function, then add in 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add in 1/3 of the beef cubes and brown and sear all sides. Repeat this process twice more with the remaining oil and beef cubes. Set the beef aside.
2. Place the garlic, onion, and celery into the pot and sauté for a few minutes. Press Cancel.
3. Add the beef back in as well as all of the remaining ingredients.
4. Secure the lid and make sure the vent is set to sealing. Choose Manual for 35 minutes.
5. When cook time is up, let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes, then release any remaining pressure manually.
6. Remove the lid, remove the bay leaf, then serve.
Note: If you want your stew to be a bit thicker, remove some of the potatoes, mash, then stir them back through the stew.