Pineapple Jalapeno Chicken
Hope Comerford, Clinton Township, MI
Makes about 6 kabobs
Prep. Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 hours
Broil Time: 3–5 minutes
Ideal slow-cooker size: 6-qt.
2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
12-oz. jar mild jalapeño jelly
¼ cup pineapple juice
½ tsp. salt
1⁄8 tsp. pepper
1½ lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into large bite-sized pieces
1. Let the pineapple sit out for a few minutes, just so you can get through it with the skewers.
2. Meanwhile, soak your skewers in water and cut them to fit your crock if needed.
3. In a bowl, mix together the jalapeño jelly, pineapple juice, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
4. Skewer the pineapple and chicken, alternating between the two. Place them in the crock.
5. Pour all but 2–3 Tbsp. of the jelly mixture over the skewers in the crock.
6. Cover and cook on Low for 5 hours. 7. Remove the skewers and place them on a foil-lined baking sheet. Brush them with the remaining sauce and place them under the broiler for 3–5 minutes.