I love making quiche in the slow cooker. I especially love when I can have something that fills me up so I’m not snacking in-between meals. With 24 grams of protein per serving, this quiche will keep you feeling nice and full! I made my quiche with turkey bacon, but you could choose to use regular bacon if you wish. Not a meat eater? Leave the bacon out. I adore gruyere cheese, but if that’s not up you alley, then use a type of cheese that suits you!
It’s officially summer now, so I can wish you all a Happy Summer!!!
Turkey Bacon, Spinach and Gruyere Quiche
Hope Comerford, Clinton Township, MI
Makes 4–6 servings
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 3–4 hours
Ideal slow-cooker size: 6-qt.
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
½ cup chopped onion
5 slices turkey bacon, diced
2 handfuls (about 2 oz.) fresh spinach leaves
8 oz. Gruyère cheese, shredded
1. In a bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Pour this into the bottom of your greased crock.
2. Sprinkle the onion and bacon evenly over the surface of the eggs.
3. Spread the spinach all over the top of the egg mixture in your crock.
4. Cover the spinach with the shredded cheese.
5. Cover and cook on Low for 3–4 hours, or until it is completely set in the middle.