BBQ Beef Kabobs
Hope Comerford, Clinton Township, MI
Makes about 6 kabobs
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 7–8 hours
Broiling Time: 3–5 minutes
Ideal slow-cooker size: 6–7 qt.
2 lbs. beef sirloin, cut into strips
1 large red onion, cut into large bite-sized chunks
3 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
1. Soak the skewers in the water and cut them to fit your crock if needed.
2. While the skewers are soaking, in a bowl, mix together the barbecue sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper.
3. Skewer the beef and red onion onto the skewers, alternating between the two. Place them into the crock.
4. Pour all but about 2–3 Tbsp. of the barbecue sauce over the top of the skewers.
5. Cover and cook on Low for 7–8 hours.
6. Remove the skewers from the crock and place them on a foil-lined baking sheet. Brush them with the remaining sauce and place them under the broiler for 3–5 minutes.