Many of us are already busy planning for Father’s Day next weekend, so I wanted to bring you a recipe you could make that would “Knock Dad’s Socks off!!!” These BBQ Beef Kabobs are sure to do that! Best of all, you only need a few simple ingredients, it only takes 15 minutes to prep and it can cook while you celebrate Dad! The more time you can spend with him instead of in the kitchen, the better! This recipe serves 6 but can easily be doubled.
Happy Early Father’s Day to all the dad’s out there!!!!
This recipe can be found in our Fix-It and Forget-It Slow Cooker Crowd Pleasers for the American Summer, along with 149 other summertime recipes. You can purchase a copy of Fix-It and Forget-It Slow Cooker Crowd Pleasers for the American Summer just about anywhere books are sold in-store or online. You can purchase a copy on amazon now by clicking here.
BBQ Beef Kabobs
Hope Comerford, Clinton Township, MI
Makes about 6 kabobs
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 7–8 hours
Broiling Time: 3–5 minutes
Ideal slow-cooker size: 6–7 qt.
2 lbs. beef sirloin, cut into strips
1 large red onion, cut into large bite-sized chunks
3 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
1. Soak the skewers in the water and cut them to fit your crock if needed.
2. While the skewers are soaking, in a bowl, mix together the barbecue sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper.
3. Skewer the beef and red onion onto the skewers, alternating between the two. Place them into the crock.
4. Pour all but about 2–3 Tbsp. of the barbecue sauce over the top of the skewers.
5. Cover and cook on Low for 7–8 hours.
6. Remove the skewers from the crock and place them on a foil-lined baking sheet. Brush them with the remaining sauce and place them under the broiler for 3–5 minutes.