Banana Chocolate Chip Bars
Carol Huber, Austin, TX
Makes 12-15 servings
Prep. Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 2-3 hours
Ideal slow-cooker size: 6- or 7-qt. oval
12 Tbsp. (1½ sticks) butter, softened
2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
2⁄3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
12-oz. pkg. semisweet chocolate chips
1. Grease a 9×5-inch or 8×4-inch loaf pan that will either hang on the edges of your oval slow-cooker crock, or will sit down in the slow-cooker crock on metal jar rings or a small trivet.
2. In a good-sized mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars.
3. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
4. Stir in mashed bananas and stir well.
5. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
6. Stir dry ingredients into creamed mixture.
7. Stir in chocolate chips.
8. Pour into greased loaf pan.
9. Suspend pan on edges of slow-cooker crock, or place on trivet or jar rings on bottom of crock.
10. Vent slow-cooker lid at one end by propping it open with a wooden spoon handle or chopstick.
11. Cook on High 2–3 hours, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
12. Uncover pan and remove from cooker. Let cool before slicing into bars.