First, on behalf of everyone at Fix-It and Forget-It, we would like to thank all the men and women who have served and continue to serve our great Country. We are home of the free because of the brave!
As we gather with our friends and family this weekend, let us not forget why we gather. I encourage all of you to go to a parade or event honoring our great Veterans.
Today, I’m bringing you a recipe for Banana Chocolate Chip Bars. This recipe makes enough for a crowd, only takes 20 minutes to throw together and will cook for only 2-3 hours. It can be found in our Fix-It and Forget-It Slow Cooker Crowd Pleasers for the American Summer, along with 149 other summertime recipes. You can purchase a copy of Fix-It and Forget-It Slow Cooker Crowd Pleasers for the American Summer just about anywhere books are sold in-store or online. You can purchase a copy on amazon now by clicking here.
Banana Chocolate Chip Bars
Carol Huber, Austin, TX
Makes 12-15 servings
Prep. Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 2-3 hours
Ideal slow-cooker size: 6- or 7-qt. oval
12 Tbsp. (1½ sticks) butter, softened
2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
2⁄3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
12-oz. pkg. semisweet chocolate chips
1. Grease a 9×5-inch or 8×4-inch loaf pan that will either hang on the edges of your oval slow-cooker crock, or will sit down in the slow-cooker crock on metal jar rings or a small trivet.
2. In a good-sized mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars.
3. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
4. Stir in mashed bananas and stir well.
5. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
6. Stir dry ingredients into creamed mixture.
7. Stir in chocolate chips.
8. Pour into greased loaf pan.
9. Suspend pan on edges of slow-cooker crock, or place on trivet or jar rings on bottom of crock.
10. Vent slow-cooker lid at one end by propping it open with a wooden spoon handle or chopstick.
11. Cook on High 2–3 hours, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
12. Uncover pan and remove from cooker. Let cool before slicing into bars.