Crustless Spinach Quiche
Barbara Hoover, Landisville, PA
Makes 8 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 2–4 hours
Ideal slow-cooker size: 3- or 4-qt.
2 10-oz. pkgs. frozen chopped spinach
2 cups cottage cheese
¼ cup coconut oil
1½ cups reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
3 eggs, beaten
¼ cup all-purpose gluten-free flour, optional
1 tsp. salt
1. Grease interior of slow-cooker crock.
2. Thaw spinach completely. Squeeze as dry as you can. Then place in crock.
3. Stir in all other ingredients and combine well.
4. Cover. Cook on Low 2–4 hours, or until quiche is set. Stick blade of knife into center of quiche. If blade comes out clean, quiche is set. If it doesn’t, cover and cook another 15 minutes or so.
5. When cooked, allow to stand 10–15 minutes so mixture can firm up. Then serve.