Looking for something impressive, yet easy for Easter morning? (Or any day of the week!!!) This Crustless Spinach Quiche only takes 15 short minutes to prepare and will be ready to eat in 2-4 (depending on the size of the slow cooker you use) and contains 15.5 grams of protein per serving, so will keep you feeling full until your big Easter meal! What a healthy way to start your busy day!
This recipe comes from Fix-It and Forget-It Healthy 5-Ingredient Cookbook, which is filled with 150 easy and nutritious slow cooker recipes. It can be found just about anywhere books are sold in-store and online. You can purchase a copy now on amazon by clicking here. (As of today, 4-14-19, there is even an extra coupon to click for extra savings on a paperback copy!!!)
Crustless Spinach Quiche
Barbara Hoover, Landisville, PA
Makes 8 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 2–4 hours
Ideal slow-cooker size: 3- or 4-qt.
2 10-oz. pkgs. frozen chopped spinach
2 cups cottage cheese
¼ cup coconut oil
1½ cups reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
3 eggs, beaten
¼ cup all-purpose gluten-free flour, optional
1 tsp. salt
1. Grease interior of slow-cooker crock.
2. Thaw spinach completely. Squeeze as dry as you can. Then place in crock.
3. Stir in all other ingredients and combine well.
4. Cover. Cook on Low 2–4 hours, or until quiche is set. Stick blade of knife into center of quiche. If blade comes out clean, quiche is set. If it doesn’t, cover and cook another 15 minutes or so.
5. When cooked, allow to stand 10–15 minutes so mixture can firm up. Then serve.