Today, I’m sharing something a little bit different. It’s not a slow cooker or Instant Pot recipe, but it’s an oven-baked recipe from our Welcome Home Harvest Cookbook. These delicious, completely homemade muffins only take 20 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to bake. Grab the kids and let them help you make some morning deliciousness all while creating memories too.
Welcome Home Harvest is a binder-bound cookbook full of 450 quick and easy Farm-to-Table recipes. It is on sale just about anywhere books are sold in-store or online. You can purchase a copy on amazon by clicking here. Did you know we have other Welcome Home Cookbooks? Welcome Home has 450 Comfort Food Recipes for the Oven, Stove or Slow Cooker. Welcome Home Diabetic has 450 Easy-To-Prepare Recipes the Stovetop, Oven or Slow Cooker. And coming soon, in October of 2019 will be Welcome Home Holiday Edition.
Apple Cranberry Muffins
Judy Buller, Bluffton, OH
Makes 12 servings
Prep. Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 15 minutes
11⁄3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1⁄3 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
1⁄2 tsp. cinnamon
1⁄8 tsp. nutmeg
pinch of cloves
4 egg whites
1⁄4 cup canola oil
1 cup fat-free sour cream
1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled and shredded
1⁄2 cup fresh cranberries cut in half
1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
1. Heat oven to 400°. Spray nonstick canola spray on bottom of 12 muffin cups.
2. In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
3. In medium bowl, whisk together egg whites, oil, and sour cream until blended.
4. Stir apples and cranberries, and walnuts if you wish, into wet ingredients. Mix well.
5. Add wet mixture to dry mixture, stirring just until blended.
6. Divide batter among muffin cups.
7. Bake 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in centers of muffins comes out clean.
8. Cool 5–10 minutes before serving.