Janie Steele, Moore, OK
Makes 4-6 servings
Prep. Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 1/2 – 3 hours
Ideal slow-cooker size: 4-qt.
1¼ cups Thousand Island dressing
1 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp. minced onion
6 slices dark rye bread, cubed
6 slices light rye bread, cubed
¾ lb. sauerkraut drained
1½ lbs. corned beef, cut into bite-size pieces
1½ lbs. shredded Swiss cheese
¼ cup margarine
1. Grease crock with butter or spray oil.
2. Mix dressing, sour cream, and onion in bowl.
3. Arrange bread cubes in crock (reserve ½ cup each for topping). Cover bread with sauerkraut and corned beef.
4. Spread dressing mixture over corned beef and sprinkle cheese over the top. Top with remaining bread. Add pats of butter on top.
5. Cover and cook on High for 1½ hours, or on Low for 3 hours.