I’m bringing you a quick and easy dinner this week that comes from one of my dearest friends, Maria! Insta Pasta a la Maria will make a healthy, delicious dinner for you and your family any time of the year. Maria has included fresh spinach and mushrooms in her recipe, but if your family cares for different veggies or no veggies at all, you can adapt it to your liking.
This recipes comes from the Fix-It and Forget-It Instant Pot Cookbook which can be found just about anywhere books are sold in store and online. You can order it on amazon by clicking here.
Insta Pasta a la Maria
Maria Shevlin, Sicklerville, NJ
Makes 6-8 servings
Prep. Time: 10–15 minutes
Cooking Time: 6 minutes
32-oz. jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce or 1 quart of homemade
2 cups fresh chopped spinach
1 cup chopped mushrooms
½ precooked whole rotisserie chicken, shredded
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. black pepper
½ tsp. dried basil
¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
1 tsp. parsley flakes
13¼-oz. box pasta, any shape or brand (I used Dreamfield)
3 cups water
1. Place the sauce in the bottom of the inner pot of the Instant Pot.
2. Add in the spinach, then the mushrooms .
3. Add the chicken on top of the veggies and sauce.
4. Add the seasonings and give it a stir to mix.
5. Add the box of pasta.
6. Add 3 cups of water.
7. Secure the lid and move vent to sealing. Set to Manual on high pressure for 6 minutes.
8. When cook time is up, release the pressure manually.
9. Remove the lid and stir to mix together.