Macaroni and Cheese
Sherry L. Lapp, Lancaster, PA
Makes 8 servings
Prep. Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 3 hours
Ideal slow-cooker size: 4-qt.
8-oz. pkg. elbow macaroni, cooked al dente
12-oz. can evaporated milk
1 cup whole milk
½ stick (4 Tbsp.) butter, melted
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
4 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese, divided
¼–½ tsp. salt, according to your taste preference
1⁄8 tsp. white pepper
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. In slow cooker, combine lightly cooked macaroni, evaporated milk, whole milk, melted butter, eggs, 3 cups cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper.
2. Top with remaining cheddar and Parmesan cheeses.
3. Cover. Cook on Low 3 hours.
1. Add 12-oz. can drained tuna in Step 1. —Janice Muller, Derwood, MD
2. Add ½ tsp. paprika and 2–4 Tbsp. minced onions in Step 1. —Kaye Taylor, Florissant, MO