First, I would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas, or Holiday season! Thank you for spending some time with us and bringing us into your kitchen. So many memories are made in the kitchen! We are truly blessed to have you all a part of our extended “family!”
Last week, I posted a recipe for Brown Sugar and Honey Ham, so this week I’m posting a recipe for Macaroni and Cheese since I know many of you include good ole’ Mac ‘n Cheese as part of your Holiday Meal! As always, we like to try and help you free up that oven if at all possible, especially during the holidays!
This recipe for Macaroni and Cheese can be found in Fix-It and Forget-It Holiday Favorites, which can be found just about anywhere books are sold in store and online. You can find it on amazon here.
For more Holiday Recipe suggestions, you can check out my Holiday Round-Up from last year here!
Macaroni and Cheese
Sherry L. Lapp, Lancaster, PA
Makes 8 servings
Prep. Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 3 hours
Ideal slow-cooker size: 4-qt.
8-oz. pkg. elbow macaroni, cooked al dente
12-oz. can evaporated milk
1 cup whole milk
½ stick (4 Tbsp.) butter, melted
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
4 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese, divided
¼–½ tsp. salt, according to your taste preference
1⁄8 tsp. white pepper
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. In slow cooker, combine lightly cooked macaroni, evaporated milk, whole milk, melted butter, eggs, 3 cups cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper.
2. Top with remaining cheddar and Parmesan cheeses.
3. Cover. Cook on Low 3 hours.
1. Add 12-oz. can drained tuna in Step 1. —Janice Muller, Derwood, MD
2. Add ½ tsp. paprika and 2–4 Tbsp. minced onions in Step 1. —Kaye Taylor, Florissant, MO
Happy Holidays & Happy Slow-Cooking!