Slow Cooker Turkey and Dressing
Carol Sherwood, Batavia, NY
Makes 4–6 servings
Prep. Time: 10–15 minutes
Cooking Time: 5–6 hours
Ideal slow-cooker size: 5–6-qt.
8-oz. pkg., or 2 6-oz. pkgs., stuffing mix
½ cup hot water
¼ stick (2 Tbsp.) butter, softened
1 onion, chopped
½ cup chopped celery
¼ cup dried cranberries
3-lb. boneless turkey breast
¼ tsp. dried basil
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
1. Spread dry stuffing mix in greased slow cooker.
2. Add water, butter, onion, celery, and cranberries. Mix well.
3. Sprinkle turkey breast with basil, salt, and pepper. Place over stuffing mixture.
4. Cover. Cook on Low 5–6 hours, or until turkey is done but not dry.
5. Remove turkey. Slice and set aside.
6. Gently stir stuffing and allow to stand 5 minutes before serving.
7. Place stuffing on platter, topped with sliced turkey.