Maybe you’re having a small Thanksgiving, or maybe you’d just like a little extra white meat this Thanksgiving! Either way, this recipe is for you! A simple, yet traditional recipe you’ll adore! Thanksgiving dinner doesn’t have to be stressful when you plan smarter instead of harder. Utilize those slow cookers!
This recipe for Slow Cooker Turkey and Dressing comes from the beautiful Fix-It and Forget-It Holiday Favorites Cookbook which can be found just about anywhere books are sold in store or online. You can purchase it on amazon (which I usually find to be the least expensive and most convenient way of purchasing books!) by clicking here. You’ll find many more recipes for the Holidays in this book!
For more Thanksgiving day suggestions, you can find our recipe round-up from last year here.
Slow Cooker Turkey and Dressing
Carol Sherwood, Batavia, NY
Makes 4–6 servings
Prep. Time: 10–15 minutes
Cooking Time: 5–6 hours
Ideal slow-cooker size: 5–6-qt.
8-oz. pkg., or 2 6-oz. pkgs., stuffing mix
½ cup hot water
¼ stick (2 Tbsp.) butter, softened
1 onion, chopped
½ cup chopped celery
¼ cup dried cranberries
3-lb. boneless turkey breast
¼ tsp. dried basil
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
1. Spread dry stuffing mix in greased slow cooker.
2. Add water, butter, onion, celery, and cranberries. Mix well.
3. Sprinkle turkey breast with basil, salt, and pepper. Place over stuffing mixture.
4. Cover. Cook on Low 5–6 hours, or until turkey is done but not dry.
5. Remove turkey. Slice and set aside.
6. Gently stir stuffing and allow to stand 5 minutes before serving.
7. Place stuffing on platter, topped with sliced turkey.