Butternut Squash Soup
Colleen Heatwole, Burton, MI
Makes 4 servings
Prep. Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Setting: Sauté and Manual
2 Tbsp. butter
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. thyme
½ tsp. sage
salt and pepper to taste
4 cups chicken stock
2 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed (about 4 pounds)
1. In the inner pot of the Instant Pot, melt the butter using sauté function.
2. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft, 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Add thyme and sage and cook another minute. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Stir in butternut squash and add chicken stock.
5. Secure the lid and make sure vent is at sealing. Using Manual setting, cook squash and seasonings 10 minutes, using high pressure.
6. When time is up, do a quick release of the pressure.
7. Purée the soup in a food processor or use immersion blender right in the inner pot. If soup is too thick, add more stock. Adjust salt and pepper as needed.