Halloween is almost here and it’s time for some Cider! If you’re in a colder climate like me, you’re definitely going to need something to warm you up from the inside out after trick-or-treating! This recipe for Cider is PERFECT! It only takes 10 minutes to prep and will be ready for you in just 4 hours on the slow cook setting.
This recipe for Cider comes from the new Fix-It and Forget-It Instant Pot Cookbook which can be found just about anywhere books are sold in store and online. You can purchase the book on amazon now, by clicking here.
Anita Troyer, Fairview, MI
Makes 6-8 servings
Prep. Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 4 hours
Setting: Slow Cook
7 medium Gala or Honeycrisp apples
3 cinnamon sticks
1 tsp. whole cloves
½ tsp. whole allspice
1 star anise
12 cups water
½ cup brown sugar
1. Wash all the fruit and quarter without coring or peeling, including the orange.
2. Place the fruit and the rest of the ingredients into the Instant Pot inner pot.
3. Secure the lid. Select Slow Cook setting and set for 3 hours.
4. When cook time is up, use a masher to break up the fruit and stir well. Set timer for 1 more hour on Slow Cook setting.
5. Strain through a fine sieve and put into a pitcher. Add sugar according to your taste.
Serving suggestion: Serve warm.