With Fall comes an abundance of apples….and apple butter is always one of the first things that come to my mind! (Besides Apple Pie of course!!!) You won’t believe how easy it is to make Apple Butter right in your Instant Pot! It will only take you about an hour and a half from start to finish! This will keep in the refrigerator for 3 weeks if sealed tightly in a container. It makes 6 cups, so feel free to spread the joy to your neighbors as well because you’ll have plenty to share.
This recipe for Apple Butter comes from the new Fix-It and Forget-It Instant Pot Cookbook, which can be purchased just about anywhere books are sold in store or online. To purchase your copy on amazon (which I usually find to be the least expensive) you can click here.
Apple Butter – Instant Pot
Hope Comerford, Clinton Township, MI
Makes 6 servings
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 60 minutes
Setting: Manual Pressure: High
5 lbs. apples (about 15), peeled, cored and sliced
½ cup brown sugar
¼ tsp. ground cloves
½ tsp. ground nutmeg
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
¼ cup water
1. Combine all of the ingredients in the inner pot of the Instant Pot and mix well.
2. Lock the lid in place, turn the vent to sealing.
3. Press Manual and set to 60 minutes on high pressure.
4. When cooking time is over, let the steam release naturally.
5. Using an immersion blender, blend the apples until smooth.