If you’re anything like me….you could eat tacos just about ANY night of the week! There are SO many different ways to enjoy them! I’m a soft white corn tortilla type of girl, but you could enjoy these Quick Steak Tacos on hard shells, white flour shells, or even just over some rice or on top of a salad if you’re trying to cut the carbs.
One of the many things I love about the Instant Pot is the ability to do everything in the pot and not have to dirty a lot of dishes. This recipe is no exception! You’ll only need to saute your ingredients, so you’ll be done with the recipe in 10 minutes!!!!!! Now that’s “instant!!!!”
Quick Steak Tacos comes from our new Fix-It and Forget-It Instant Pot Cookbook, which can be found just about anywhere books are sold in stores or online. You can purchase it from amazon (which I usually find to be the least expensive) by clicking here.
Quick Steak Tacos
Hope Comerford, Clinton Township, MI
Makes 6 servings
Prep. Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
1 Tbsp. olive oil
8 oz. sirloin steak
2 Tbsp. steak seasoning
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
½ red onion, sliced
6 corn tortillas
¼ cup tomatoes
¾ cup reduced-fat Mexican cheese
2 Tbsp. sour cream
6 Tbsp. garden fresh salsa
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Turn the Instant Pot on the Sauté function. When the pot displays “hot,” add the olive oil to the pot.
2. Season the steak with the steak seasoning.
3. Add the steak to the pot along with the Worcestershire sauce.
4. Cook each side of the steak for 2–3 minutes until the steak turns brown.
5. Remove the steak from the pot and slice thinly.
6. Add the onion to the pot and cook them until translucent with the remaining olive oil and steak juices.
7. Remove the onion from the pot.
8. Warm your corn tortillas, then assemble your steak, onion, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, salsa, and cilantro on top of each.