Garlic Galore Rotisserie Chicken
Hope Comerford, Clinton Township, MI
Makes 4 servings
Prep. Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 33 minutes
Setting: Sauté and Manual
Release: Natural then Manual
3-lb. whole chicken
2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
salt to taste pepper to taste
20–30 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and left whole
1 cup chicken stock, broth, or water
2 Tbsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. onion powder
½ tsp. basil
½ tsp. cumin
½ tsp. chili powder
1. Rub chicken with one tablespoon of the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Place the garlic cloves inside the chicken. Use butcher’s twine to secure the legs.
3. Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot then add the rest of the olive oil to the inner pot.
4. When the pot is hot, place the chicken inside. You are just trying to sear it, so leave it for about 4 minutes on each side.
5. Remove the chicken and set aside. Place the trivet at the bottom of the inner pot and pour in the chicken stock.
6. Mix together the remaining seasonings and rub it all over the entire chicken.
7. Place the chicken back inside the inner pot, breast side up, on top of the trivet and secure the lid to the sealing position.
8. Press the Manual button and use the +/- to set it for 25 minutes.
9. When the timer beeps, allow the pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes. If the lid will not open at this point, quick release the remaining pressure and remove the chicken.
10. Let the chicken rest for 5–10 minutes before serving.