I’m so excited to bring you Fix-It and Forget-It’s very first Instant Pot recipe blog post! YAY! I know the Instant Pot is a HOT item right now and we just so happened to release Fix-It and Forget-It Instant Pot Cookbook last week! If you haven’t had a chance to purchase it yet, here is the link to do so! You can also find the cookbook just about anywhere books are sold.
Ok, let’s get to this yummy recipe! Today I’m bringing you my recipe for Garlic Galore Rotisserie Chicken from Fix-It and Forget-It Instant Pot Cookbook! Get ready for lots and lots of garlic!!!!!! Where are my Italian friends??? You know how we feel about garlic!!!
I really love that you can do multiple functions in the Instant Pot…like searing AND cooking! Less dishes is ALWAYS a plus in my eyes!!!!
This recipe has a cook time of 33 minutes, but remember that Instant Pot does require a bit of time to come up to pressure, so leave extra time to get your dinner on the table. This recipe has a natural release time of 15 minutes, then you can manually release the rest of the pressure. So, you’ll need about an hour and ten minutes or so when it’s all said and done (maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less.)
At the beginning of this book, you’ll find a guide to getting to know your Instant Pot and it’s features. You’ll find some tips and tricks from myself and other Instant Pot gurus as well. I was a total newbie to the Instant Pot world, but it doesn’t take long to become an expert.
Have fun and ENJOY this delicious Garlic Galore Rotisserie Chicken!!!
Garlic Galore Rotisserie Chicken
Hope Comerford, Clinton Township, MI
Makes 4 servings
Prep. Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 33 minutes
Setting: Sauté and Manual
Release: Natural then Manual
3-lb. whole chicken
2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
salt to taste pepper to taste
20–30 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and left whole
1 cup chicken stock, broth, or water
2 Tbsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. onion powder
½ tsp. basil
½ tsp. cumin
½ tsp. chili powder
1. Rub chicken with one tablespoon of the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Place the garlic cloves inside the chicken. Use butcher’s twine to secure the legs.
3. Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot then add the rest of the olive oil to the inner pot.
4. When the pot is hot, place the chicken inside. You are just trying to sear it, so leave it for about 4 minutes on each side.
5. Remove the chicken and set aside. Place the trivet at the bottom of the inner pot and pour in the chicken stock.
6. Mix together the remaining seasonings and rub it all over the entire chicken.
7. Place the chicken back inside the inner pot, breast side up, on top of the trivet and secure the lid to the sealing position.
8. Press the Manual button and use the +/- to set it for 25 minutes.
9. When the timer beeps, allow the pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes. If the lid will not open at this point, quick release the remaining pressure and remove the chicken.
10. Let the chicken rest for 5–10 minutes before serving.