Today, I bring you a tasty dessert! I just got back from Chicago, where desserts (and food) are plentiful, so I have sweet treats on the mind!
Growing up, I never liked coconut, but in recent years, I’m loving it! That’s how this dump cake came to be. Lime and coconut go together like peanut butter and jelly! The flavors play off one another so nicely! Best of all, this recipe only has 5 very simple ingredients. Honestly, it’s one of the easiest desserts you’ll ever make! Serve it up with a bit of coconut vanilla ice cream and you’ve got a heavenly dessert!
Coconut Lime Dump Cake
Hope Comerford, Clinton Township, MI
Makes 8 servings
Prep. Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5–6 hours
Ideal slow-cooker size: 5-qt.
22-oz. can key lime crème pie filling and topping
2 tsp. lime zest
½ cup shredded coconut
15-oz. gluten-free yellow cake mix (may use non-gluten-free cake mix)
4 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1. Line crock with parchment paper.
2. Spread key lime crème pie filling and topping over bottom of crock.
3. Sprinkle lime zest and shredded coconut over pie filling.
4. Sprinkle cake mix over the top of the contents of the crock.
5. Pour the melted coconut oil evenly over the top of the cake mix.
6. Cover and cook on Low 5–6 hours.