With the 4th of July just around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about what you’ll be making! I’m bringing you something different today you can be sure no one else will show up with! Everyone will ask you what your secret recipe is and you can tell them, or not! It’s up to you!
This summer “baked” brie is perfect with nice firm rice crackers! Get yourself a cute little cheese knife for serving and you’ve got a beautiful appetizer to present to your guests.
The recipe for Summer “Baked” Brie comes from the new Fix-It and Forget-It Slow Cooker Crowd Pleasers for the American Summer. It can be found just about anywhere books are sold, or you can order it on amazon (which I usually find to be the lowest price) by clicking here.
Summer “Baked” Brie
Hope Comerford, Clinton Township, MI
Makes 12 servings
Prep. Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 1–3 hours
Ideal slow-cooker size: 2-qt.
¼ cup diced peaches
¼ cup diced nectarines
¼ cup rhubarb preserves
1 Tbsp. brandy
2 8-oz. brie cheese rounds
1. Combine fresh peaches, nectarines, preserves, and brandy.
2. Line crock with parchment paper.
3. Place both brie rounds in bottom of the crock, then pour the fruit mixture over the top.
4. Cover and cook on Low for 2–3 hours or High 1 hour, until brie is softened but not melted.
5. Gently lift brie out of crock by the edges of the parchment paper. Serve with crackers.