I know what you’re thinking…..you’re thinking these look and sound amazing! And you’d be right! They are! And they’re easy to make. Better yet, I’ve took some of the guilt out of these sinful delights by using nonfat Greek yogurt instead of the typical sour cream. I promise you won’t miss it. And of course, there’s bacon. Need I say more?!!!
This recipe for Twice-Baked Potatoes comes from the new Fix-It and Forget-It Slow Cooker Crowd Pleasers for the American Summer. It can be found just about anywhere books are sold, or on amazon (which I usually find to be the lowest price) by clicking here.
Hope Comerford, Clinton Township, MI
Makes 4 servings
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 hours 35 minutes
Ideal slow-cooker size: 6-qt.
4 medium-large russet potatoes, washed well and dried
¼ cup milk
¼ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
3 Tbsp. chopped chives or green onions
4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
1. Pierce each potato with a fork or knife all over.
2. Rub each potato with olive oil and coat with sea salt, then place them in the crock.
3. Cover and cook on Low for 8 hours or until the potatoes are very tender when poked with a fork.
4. Remove the potatoes and let them cool for 3–5 minutes.
5. Cut each potato in half, then scoop out most of the potato, leaving about ⅛-inch of potato in the skin.
6. Mix the scooped-out potato with the milk, yogurt, shredded cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper. Mash it up very well.
7. Spoon the potato mixture in the potato shells then place them back into the crock. 8. Cover and cook on High for 35 minutes. 9. Remove the potatoes from the crock and top them with the chives and bacon before serving.