Strawberries are in abundance right now. I absolutely love this time of year. I put them in my morning protein smoothies with either nectarines or bananas. We eat them as they are, or we even put them in our water sometimes.
I’m bringing you something a bit more “sinful” this morning, but delicious nonetheless! Turn those strawberries into a delicious, creamy dump cake!
This recipe for Strawberries and Cream Dump Cake can be found in Fix-It and Forget-It Slow Cooker Crowd Pleasers for the American Summer, alongside 149 other delicious summertime recipes! It is available to purchase just about anywhere books are sold, or on amazon (which I usually find to be the cheapest) by clicking here.
Strawberries and Cream Dump Cake
Clinton Township, MI
Makes 8 servings
Prep. Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5–6 hours
Ideal slow-cooker size: 5-qt.
4 cups strawberries, quartered
1 cup gluten-free flour blend
1 cup turbinado sugar, divided
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
15-oz. box gluten-free yellow cake mix
¼ cup softened coconut oil
4 Tbsp. (½ stick) butter, sliced
1. Spray crock with nonstick spray or line with parchment paper.
2. Dump the strawberries, flour, and ½ cup of the turbinado sugar in the crock and stir.
3. Mix together the cream cheese and remaining ½ cup turbinado sugar and spoon it over the top of the strawberries.
4. Sprinkle the cake mix over the contents of the crock.
5. Spoon the coconut oil over the top of the cake mix and place the pieces of butter all around as well.
6. Cover the crock with a paper towel under the lid to absorb moisture. Cook on Low for 5–6 hours.