Honey Barbecue Meatballs
Hope Comerford, Clinton Township, MI
Makes 15–20 servings
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 4 hours, 15 minutes
Ideal slow-cooker size: 3–4 qt.
1 lb. lean ground beef
¾ cup panko bread crumbs
2 Tbsp. minced dry onion
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
2–3 Tbsp. olive oil
1 cup barbecue sauce
¼ cup honey
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp. salt
1⁄8 tsp. pepper
1. Mix the meatball ingredients (except the oil) together and form into small meatballs.
2. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Brown the meatballs lightly, just until they are sealed on all sides.
3. Place the meatballs into the crock.
4. In a bowl, mix together the sauce ingredients. Pour over the meatballs.
5. Cover and cook on Low for 4 hours.