Memorial Day is next weekend already! I can hardly believe how quickly time is flying this Spring! I thought today I would bring you an appetizer that you can make for, or bring to any gathering you might be attending next weekend. Let’s face it, no one can resist tiny delicious meatballs. They’re the kind of appetizer you hover near, or keep going back to for more and more! You’ll be the talk of the party with these little guys!
You can find this recipe for Honey Barbecue Meatballs, along with more awesome Summer-time (or Spring-time) recipes, in the brand new Fix-It and Forget-It Slow Cooker Crowd Pleasers for the American Summer. This book is full of 150 recipes, all with color photos, of recipes you will be proud to bring to family gatherings, parties or potlucks! You can purchase your own copy just about anywhere books are sold, or on amazon (which I usually find to be the cheapest) by clicking here.
Honey Barbecue Meatballs
Hope Comerford, Clinton Township, MI
Makes 15–20 servings
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 4 hours, 15 minutes
Ideal slow-cooker size: 3–4 qt.
1 lb. lean ground beef
¾ cup panko bread crumbs
2 Tbsp. minced dry onion
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
2–3 Tbsp. olive oil
1 cup barbecue sauce
¼ cup honey
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp. salt
1⁄8 tsp. pepper
1. Mix the meatball ingredients (except the oil) together and form into small meatballs.
2. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Brown the meatballs lightly, just until they are sealed on all sides.
3. Place the meatballs into the crock.
4. In a bowl, mix together the sauce ingredients. Pour over the meatballs.
5. Cover and cook on Low for 4 hours.