Now that it’s October, my mind is already on Halloween! I can’t help it. I love to to look for cute and fun Halloween-related things I can do with my kids that don’t cost a lot of money. This recipe is one of those things! It comes from the brand new Fix-It and Forget-It Holiday Favorites and I’m going to tell you how to adapt it to be more Halloween-like! It’s quick and easy and you’re going to love it!
If you’d like to purchase a copy of this amazing new book, you can click here.
Chocolate-Covered Pretzels for Halloween
Beth Maurer, Harrisonburg, VA
Adapted by Hope Comerford, Clinton Township, MI
Makes 10–12 servings
Prep. Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30–60 minutes
Ideal slow-cooker size: 2-qt.
1 lb. orange candy melts
2 blocks chocolate bark coating
halloween sprinkles, optional
1 bag pretzel rods
1. Place the orange candy melts in the slow cooker.
2. Cover. Heat on Low setting, stirring occasionally until melted, about 30 minutes. Turn off cooker.
3. Using a spoon, coat ¾ of each pretzel rod with chocolate. Place on waxed paper to cool.
4. Chop chocolate bark into small chunks. Microwave on High in a microwave-safe bowl for 1½ minutes. Stir. Microwave on High 1 more minute. Stir.
5. Microwave on High in 30-second intervals until chocolate is smooth when stirred. (Do not allow chocolate to get too hot or it will scorch.)
6. Put melted chocolate in small bag. Snip off corner of bag. Drizzle chocolate over orange candy melt-covered pretzels.
7. Immediately after drizzling the chocolate, sprinkle on the sprinkles if desired.
These would be fun to place in small gift bags and gifted to friends, neighbors and teachers!
You could change up the color combos here. You could make the pretzel rod chocolate and drizzle on white chocolate, then use orange and black sprinkles, or orange sugar sprinkles.
You could make the pretzel rods chocolate then sprinkle on white sprinkles or ghost sprinkles.
You could make the pretzel rods white chocolate, then sprinkle on any variation of halloween sprinkles you choose!
The possibilities are endless! Have fun!