Happy Labor Day Weekend everyone!!!! I am bringing you a recipe this weekend you can proudly bring to any Labor Day gathering you head to, without slaving over a grill or the oven. Slice up some fresh celery to bring along with the wings and you’ll be the talk of the party!
These Apricot-Glazed Wings come to your from Fix-It and Forget-It Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes for Dad on page 81. You can get your copy here.
Hope Comerford, Clinton Township, MI
Makes 8–10 servings
Prep. Time: 30 minutes
Broiling Time: 16 minutes
Cooking Time: 4–6 hours
Ideal slow-cooker size: 3-qt.
4 lbs. chicken wings, cut at the joint, tips removed and discarded
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
garlic powder, to taste
12-oz. jar apricot preserves
¼ cup honey Catalina dressing
2 Tbsp. honey mustard
2 Tbsp. barbecue sauce
1 tsp. lime juice
4 dashes hot sauce
1 small onion, minced
1. Preheat your oven to a low broil.
2. Put your wing pieces onto a baking sheet and sprinkle both sides with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Put them under the broiler for 8 minutes on each side.
3. While the wings are broiling, mix together the apricot preserves, honey Catalina dressing, honey mustard, barbecue sauce, lime juice, hot sauce, and onion.
4. When your wings are done under the broiler, place them into a greased crock.
5. Pour the sauce you just mixed over the top, then use tongs to toss the wings around to make sure they’re all coated with the sauce.
6. Cook on Low for 4–6 hours.