I don’t know about you, but I’m a HUGE fan of cake. Any kind of cake really! Hahaha! This cake is SOOOOOO good and pretty simple to assemble….even the homemade icing! This will quickly become a family favorite!
This Limealicious Cake recipe comes from Fix-It and Forget-It Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes for Dad on page 289. You can purchase your own copy of Fix-It and Forget-It Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes for Dad anywhere books are sold, or by clicking here.
Hope Comerford, Clinton Township, MI
Makes 6 servings
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 hours
Cooling Time: 1 or more hours
Ideal slow-cooker size: 6-qt.
18 ¼-oz. box lemon cake mix
3-oz. box lime gelatin
1½ cups unsweetened apple sauce
½ cup orange juice
6 Tbsp. confectioners’ sugar
½ cup lime juice
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
4 Tbsp. (half a stick) butter, softened
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
3 Tbsp. lime juice
1. Spray your crock with nonstick spray.
2. Mix the first 5 ingredients in a bowl and pour into your crock.
3. Cover and cook on Low for 2 hours, or until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean.
4. Turn the slow cooker off.
5. Mix the 6 Tbsp. confectioners’ sugar with the ½ cup lime juice.
6. Poke holes in the cake all over with a toothpick or straw.
7. Pour the lime juice/confectioners’ sugar mixture over the top of the cake and let the cake cool.
8. Mix together all of the icing ingredients.
9. Turn your crock upside down on a serving platter or plate to remove the cake from the crock.
10. Frost your cake.