You’ll be the talk of the party when you show up with this Seven Layer Dip! You can even serve this for dinner….I won’t tell! This recipe comes to you from Fix-It and Forget-It Healthy Slow Cooker Cookbook and can be found on page 61. This recipe is Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Low-Fat, Low-Sodium, Soy-Free, Low-Sugar and Low-Cal. All of the recipes in Fix-It and Forget-It Healthy Slow Cooker Cookbook have nutritional information and major dietary needs labeled for your convenience and can be purchased anywhere books are sold.
Seven Layer Dip
Hope Comerford, Clinton Township, MI
Makes 10–15 servings
Prep. Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 hours
Ideal slow cooker size: 6-qt.
1 lb. lean ground turkey
2½ tsp. chili powder, divided
½ tsp. kosher salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
15-oz. can fat-free refried beans
4-oz. can diced green chilies
1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
1 cup salsa
1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
2-oz. can sliced black olives
2 green onions, sliced
1. Brown the ground turkey with 1 tsp. chili powder, salt, and pepper.
2. Meanwhile spray the crock with non-stick spray.
3. Mix together 1 tsp. chili powder with the refried beans, then spread them into a layer at the bottom of the crock.
4. Next add a layer of the diced green chilies.
5. Spread the ground turkey over the top of the green chilies.
6. Mix together the remaining ½ tsp. chili powder with the Greek yogurt, and then spread this over the ground turkey in the crock.
7. Next, spread the salsa over the top.
8. Last, sprinkle the cheese into a layer on top and end with the black olives.
9. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours. Sprinkle the green onions on top before serving.