Anytime you put a pork loin in the slow cooker, you get something heavenly! Add some yam chunks and crushed pineapple and you have a tropical delight! This recipe takes less than 15 minutes to put together and then cooks for 7-8 hours in your slow cooker while you enjoy other things in life. Remember, don’t heat up your kitchen with your oven this summer, slow cook instead 😉
This recipe comes to you from Fix-It and Forget-It Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes for Mom on page 193 and can be found anywhere books are sold, or by clicking here.
Tropical Pork with Yams
Hope Comerford, Clinton Township, MI
Makes 6 servings
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 7–8 hours
Ideal slow-cooker size: 5-qt.
2–3-lb. pork loin
Salt and pepper, to taste
20-oz. can crushed pineapple
¼ cup honey
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
4 yams, peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks
1. Spray crock with nonstick spray.
2. Lay pork loin at the bottom of the crock, and salt and pepper it on both sides.
3. In a separate bowl, combine pineapple, honey, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, and soy sauce. Mix
4. Place chunks of yams over and around the pork loin, and then pour pineapple sauce over the top.
5. Cover and cook on Low for 7–8 hours.