Today, I’m celebrating my 9th year of being a mom. I’m so blessed to have two healthy babies who call me mom. I would like to wish all of the Fix-It and Forget-It Mother’s out there a very Happy Mother’s Day!
My 6 year old son picked the recipe of the week for you this week…and it’s a dessert! Yay! This recipe comes from Fix-It and Forget-It Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes for Mom, which can be purchased anywhere books are sold.
Not only is this Lotsa Chocolate Almond Cake SUPER yummy, but it’s good for you too! I hope your family loves it as much as mine!
Lotsa Chocolate Almond Cake
Hope Comerford, Clinton Township, MI
Makes 10 servings
Prep. Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 3 hours
Cooling Time: 30 minutes
Ideal slow-cooker size: 6-qt.
1½ cups almond flour
¾ cup turbinado sugar
2∕3 cup cocoa powder
¼ cup chocolate protein powder
2 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
½ cup coconut oil, melted
¾ cup almond milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. almond extract
¾ cup dark chocolate chips
1. Cover any hot spot of your crock with aluminum foil, and spray crock with nonstick spray.
2. In a bowl, mix together the almond flour, sugar, cocoa powder, protein powder, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a different bowl, mix together the coconut oil, eggs, almond milk, and vanilla and almond extracts.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Pour cake mix into crock. Cover and cook on Low for 3 hours.
6. Turn the slow cooker off when the cooking time is over and let the cake cool in the crock for 30 minutes.
7. Place a plate or platter over the crock, then turn the crock upside down on the plate, so the cake releases onto the plate or platter.
***I’m dedicating this post to my dear friend, Lori, who went to heaven yesterday, the day before Mother’s Day. She left behind a loving husband and two dear sweet, young women. She was one of my biggest fans and LOVED this book and LOVED her slow cooker. Sending hugs up to heaven, Lori!***